By Storyteller OLGA LOYA
In high school, Olga was told by her counselor that her family was too poor for her to go to College. Hear how she found a way around this negative advice.
- Have you ever had someone give you negative advice? How did you respond?
- What is a good way to handle negative advice?
- What were the “favors” Olga’s counselor and shorthand teacher did for her?
- Why did the college students make fun of Olga?
- What was Olga’s reaction?’
- Growing up in East Los Angeles by Olga Loya
- Land of the Cosmic Race by Christina A Sue
- Mexican White Boy by Matt de la Pena
- Who Are You? By Mimi Fox
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- Family and Childhood
- Latino American/Latinos
- Stereotypes and Discrimination