What would this planet look like without the triumphs and trials of women? Women have made great strides in humanity, and have been highly influential members of society. They have changed our world by providing expertise and knowledge, entertainment, enlightenment, and irrepressible spirits. Without the voices and actions of women throughout history, life as we know it would be very different.
As March celebrates the achievements and contributions of women all over the world, take the time to share them with your students. Let them be beacons of what can be realized when effort is put forth. Encourage your students today to be positive voices for their generation. Let them know there is nothing that cannot be achieved through perseverance, hard work, and the desire to make humanity better.
Below are links to many incredibly helpful and educational websites. Visit them for fantastic information, activities, and ideas for promoting the notable accomplishments of women:
- http://edsitement.neh.gov/feature/womens-history-month (wealth of excellent information here suitable for students and classrooms)
- http://www.educationworld.com/a_special/women_history_lesson_plan.shtml (tons of lesson plan ideas here)
- http://www.biography.com/people/groups/womens-history (great information and videos)
- http://www.nwhm.org/media/category/education/interactives/index.html (this is a cool interactive game)
- http://www.infoplease.com/womens-history-month/ (huge resource for information and activities)
- http://www.history.com/topics/womens-history-month (lots of videos here that would be great additions to lessons)
- http://womenshistorymonth.gov/teachers.html (excellent resource for information, links to historical archives and biographies, lesson plans, activities……very student-centered educational activity extensions)
- http://www.timeforkids.com/minisite/womens-history-month (widely utilized in schools, this has great information and videos that are kid-friendly…..great for interactive activities like webquests or use of technology)
See ideas, videos and lessons on many