|By: Erica Lann Clark||Link to YouTube Video:|
It will guide you as you listen (or read) along.
In the Cold War era, in a high school without a soul, Erica experienced brief inclusion in the best girl’s clique! Then, she was dropped and fell into hopeless disappointment and depressions. But with her father’s help and the inspiration of a House on Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC) witness, she found her power and the school found its spirit.
- How do cliques affect feelings of community in a class?
- How do cliques affect school “spirit”?
- Can you name some regional and national political “cliques” you’ve heard about, and tell what they do to the “spirit” of the people they affect?
- Have you heard of the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC), and do you know what HUAC set out to do in the 1940s and l950s?
- Hoover and the Un-Americans: The FBI, HUAC and the Red Menace by Kenneth O’Reilly.
- Odd Girl Speaks Out: Girls Write about Bullies, Cliques, Popularity, and Jealousy by Rachel Simmons
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- Family and Childhood
- Jewish American/Jews
- Taking a Stand and Peacemaking