by Storyteller Syd Lieberman
An excerpt from Syd’s book Streets and Alleys, this is a true story of the day the Nazis spoke near Syd’s home at Lovelace Park in Evanston, IL and Syd’s surprising reaction.
- Is it possible to be emotionally neutral when your family has been hurt by someone else? How do we channel rage in productive ways?
- What did Syd discover in himself that surprised him?
- What did Syd mean that there were “no victors” during this demonstration? Do you think Syd wishes he had made other choices that day? If Syd could do the day over, what would you advise Syd to do or not do?
- The Beast Reawakens: Fascism’s Resurgence from Hitler’s Spymasters to Today’s Neo-Nazi Groups by Martin A. Lee
- Education and Life Lessons
- Jewish Americans/Jews
- Stereotypes and Discrimination
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking