Motoko tells a story about her own experience of sexual harassment in Japan, how she was trapped into silence imposed by her culture, and how storytelling helped her break the silence and heal herself.
- As a teenager in Japan, Motoko had times when she did not feel safe. What kept her from feeling safe?
- Do you feel safe? What precautions do you take for your own safety?
- What can each of us do to help others feel safe and live safely?
- Like a Lotus Flower: Girlhood Tales from Japan by Motoko. (Audio CD,www.folktales.net; 2009)
- Unbroken Thread: An Anthology of Plays by Asian American Women edited by Roberto Uno
- Asian American/Asians
- Family and Childhood
- Stereotypes and Discrimination