Featuring Storytellers Arif Choudhury, Gerald Fierst and Susan O’Halloran
Through exploring misconceptions and common threads such as immigration and disagreements within their own religions, these three tellers bring alive their distinct histories and our common humanity to illuminate the experience of being an American in a time of religious tension, change and possibility.
- What were you taught about other faith traditions? Were you given accurate information or misinformation?
- What groups do you identify with? Do you ever feel as though you don’t fit in in your own group?
- Why do people condemn, fear or stereotype people from different religions?
- Is there a religion you’d like to learn more about? What similarities between the major world religions might surprise you?
- Religious Tolerance and World Religions by Jacob Neusner and Bruce Chilton
- Crossing Cultures
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking