These games and exercises are for teachers and leaders to assist them in building community in classrooms and schools. These easy to follow warm-up games are used in the theatre arts world. They can be easily adapted in a variety of ways in learning environments and students organizations.
This resource seeks to go beyond the realm of the Drama Club or school production to suggest 12 Theatre Games that integrate some behind-the-scenes exercises to encourage personal development, strengthen relationships among diverse students, and transform your classroom. The games included here can be used to build relationships between students of different races and cultural backgrounds as well as help you create opportunities to discuss hard issues.
The games are broken down into the following skill –building areas:
- GET ENERGIZED: 2 Games to increase students’ focus and awareness of others
- BUILD ENSEMBLE: 2 Games to connect students as a team
- COLLABORATE: 2 Games that promote working together on a shared goal
- FIND YOUR OWN VOICE: 2 Games for speaking honestly about life experiences
- LISTEN ACTIVELY: 2 Games that build empathy for the experiences of others
- IMPROVISE: 2 Games for creating out of what is conveniently at hand