Curious about the how and why to start and sustain a diversity club for middle or high school students? This resource focuses on how to create a club that brings together all kinds of students to address issues of diversity and to create a welcoming, inclusive school climate.
- Develop creative leadership among students
- Raise awareness in the school around diversity issues that students identify
- Inspire school communities to address and attempt to solve problems related to issues of diversity
- Make issues of diversity accessible, meaningful and fun.
- Makes the subject of race and race relations approachable and effective
- Engages faculty and students in the ongoing challenge of making our schools welcoming for students of all races and backgrounds
- Provides engaging tools and activities to better understand and appreciate students, families, and communities that differ from the majority of the student body
You can adapt these resources to your local needs to better serve your student body and faculty.