African American storyteller Linda Gorham tells this upbeat and moving celebration of Linda’s family tree and heritage. The lesson plan guides teachers to invite “pride poems” from their students.
The lesson plan guides teachers to invite “pride poems” from their students.
I am Somebody: Yes You Are!
- Build pride in students for their family and background
- Connect home life and classroom activities
- Model how times of struggle become sources of strength
- Appreciate the diversity and background of the other students
- Gain practice in writing by creating poems and stories
The following MP3 track is a story excerpt for use with the I am Somebody lesson plan. Please note that the excerpt is protected by copyright and is exclusively for educational use.
- I Am Somebody– 8:56 minutes
About Storyteller Linda Gorham
Linda Gorham’s stories are fun, full of energy, and designed to enhance the love of reading. She tells folktales, inspirational stories, fables, “RESPECT” stories, hero stories, and, of course, stories that make your spine tingle and your hair stand on edge. Linda’s stories reinforce values, spark the imagination, and explore the world of ideas and traditions from other cultures. www.lindagorham.com