by Storyteller E.B. Diggs
- What are the similarities between the storyteller’s hometown and the legal community?
- What is the importance of the storyteller expressing his individuality in the white culture in which he finds himself?
- How do the storyteller’s opinions compare to his barber, Mr. Matthews, on standing out from the white culture?
- How do the storyteller’s opinions compare to his coaches on fitting into the white culture?
- Compare the 8th grade coach’s opinion to the high school coach’s opinion on standing out and fitting into the white culture.
- What are the similarities between high school coach’s position on his dyed hair and storyteller’s position on the black girl’s dyed hair? Why is the storyteller conflicted about hiring the black girl with the red dyed hair?
Black Faces in White Places: 10 Game-Changing Strategies to Achieve Success and Find Greatness by Randall Pinkett
Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Education and Life Lessons
Family and Childhood
Stereotypes and Discrimination
Taking A Stand and Peacemaking