By Storyteller Arif Choudhury
Bangladeshi-American Muslim storyteller, Arif Choudhury, shares stories about growing up as the only “brown-skinned boy” in the neighborhood and how 9-11 changed how others might perceive him and his family.
- What’s the difference between an interrogation and a conversation? How do we be curious about one another but not pressure someone to represent their whole group or feel that they’re being examined and objectified?
- Did you ever wonder about your own identity? How did you resolve your questions and confusion?
- Has your understanding or behavior towards Muslims changed over the years? In what ways?
- Article from DiversityInc.com: Muslims – Do They Really Hate Us? http://bit.ly/1792obY
- Asian American/Asians
- Crossing Cultures
- Family and Childhood
- Muslim Americans/Muslims
- Stereotypes and Discrimination