Jasmin struggles with the decision of where to live: a culturally vibrant Mexican-American community that struggles with safety or a picturesque middle class neighborhood where her son might be the only brown boy on the block. How does this educated Latina seek out community? And how, as we grow older, do we stay true to our values of making a difference in the world?
- What are the pros and cons to Jasmin moving back to the La Villita neighborhood?
- Do you believe we have a responsibility to offer role models to others?
- How and why are Jasmin’s and her husband’s perception of the Mexican American neighborhood different? How do couple’s negotiate their cultural and other differences in respectful ways?
- Famous People of Hispanic Heritage: Contemporary Role Models for Minority Youth
- by Barbara J. Marvis
- Crossing Cultures
- Latino American/Latinos
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking