One of the best ways to furnish students with inclusive skills is by including them in the planning and training phases of diversity education. This resource focuses on how to create a club that brings together all kinds of students to address issues of diversity and to create a welcoming, inclusive school climate.
- Develop creative leadership among students
- Raise awareness in the school around diversity issues that students identify
- Inspire school communities to address and attempt to solve problems related to issues of diversity
- Make issues of diversity accessible, meaningful and fun.
STARTING AND SUSTAINING A DIVERSITY CLUB FOR MIDDLE AND HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
- make the subject of race and race relations approachable and effective
- engage faculty and students in the ongoing challenge of making our schools welcoming for students of all races and backgrounds
- provide engaging tools and activities to better understand and appreciate students, families, and communities that differ from the majority of the student body
You can adapt these resources to your local needs to better serve your student body and faculty.