By Storyteller Rev. Robert Jones with Sister Bernice Jones
Robert Jones talks about the roots of Gospel music and the influence of Thomas A. Dorsey and Mahalia Jackson.
- Gospel is a blend of spirituals, blues and African rhythm. How do musical forms morph into their next evolution?
- What was happening in the U.S. and for African Americans as Gospel music evolved? How did Gospel music provide comfort and artistic expression for African Americans?
- People Get Ready!: A New History of Black Gospel Music by Robert Darden
- Thomas A. Dorsey Father of Black Gospel an Interview by Robert L. Taylor
- Mahalia Jackson: Born to Sing Gospel Music by Evelyn Witter
- African American/Black History
- Crossing Cultures