By Storyteller LOREN NIEMI
Loren who is white goes to a BBQ place in an all black neighborhood and comes to understand prejudice in a direct and personal way.
- How does prejudice play out in the day to day in this story?
- What role do the police play in this story and what role do the police play n your cultural experience?
- When have you found yourself to be the wrong person by virtue of color, religion, ethnic origin or sexual identity in an uncomfortable circumstance?
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Civil Rights Activism in Milwaukee: South Side Struggles in the 60’s and ’70’s by Paul Geenen
- African American/Black History
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- European American/Whites
- Stereotypes and Discrimination
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking