By Storyteller Antonio Sacre
Occasionally, Antonio brings his friends and family to Catholic mass, not always with the results he hoped for. However, in Los Angeles, he goes to church with Mexican-American families where he finds people who are deeply into the ritual and their passion for their religion makes him proud.
- Do you go to a faith-based service of some kind? Is your church, temple, synagogue or mosque primarily one ethnic group? How do the ethnic cultures and religions in your community mix, influence and play off of one another?
- Why does going to a Mexican-American community’s church make Antonio proud to be Catholic?
- Latino Catholicism: Transformation in America’s Largest Church by Timothy Matovina
- Mexican-American Catholics by Eduardo C. Fernandez
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- Latino Americans/Latinos