Creating safe, welcoming communities is the job of the entire school—teachers, administrators,
staff, and students—but even small changes can make a big difference.
This resources suggests some mini-lessons and ideas for “keeping the peace” in your classroom.
- To identify causes of bullying, harassment, and/or violence
- To understand the importance of creating safe, welcoming school communities
- To identify and practice strategies for preventing and disrupting bullying, harassment, and/or violence
- To encourage community building through activities and storytelling.
By the end of this lesson, each student will:
- Understand the deeper roots and causes of prejudice and violence.
- Have created and practiced strategies for de-escalating tense situations.
- Have shared and listened to stories designed to encourage empathy and community building..
If you are interested in this subject you might like