A resource to help teachers make the little changes in their classrooms that will send the big message that Everyone is Welcome!
Even though we want to make sure that our students learn the skills of anti-racism and are prepared to live in a multi-cultural world, it can be hard to find time to teach explicitly anti-racism lessons or to implement an entire diversity curriculum. But what we do every day, in regular classroom situations, can have a big impact. By using thoughtful language, challenging stereotypes, and encouraging hospitable behavior, we can help our students to become more open to those who are different from themselves.
Designed for all grade levels, regardless of subject area, “Including Everyone” shows educators how to incorporate habits and activities into their daily routines that:
- Encourage students to embrace difference
- Encourage students to develop a mindset of hospitality, rather than hostility
- Challenge stereotypes, language, and practices that promote “insider/outsider” thinking
- Make issues of diversity accessible, meaningful, and fun
- Download a free copy of the:
INCLUDING EVERYONE: Small Changes to Create a Welcoming Classroom resource