By Storyteller Susan O’Halloran
After her Grandmother passes, Sue searches for her Grandmother’s story. Her exploration takes her into Irish American history and, eventually, to Ireland to find her Grandmother’s childhood home.
- Have you ever interviewed a family member to collect family stories? Is there someone in your family you wish you had talked to more who is no longer with us?
- How would you feel if you had to support a family who lived somewhere else?
- Why did the British hate the Irish? How do groups who are Insiders justify their exclusion of the Outsider?
- Do you think it’s a positive or negative thing that so many groups lost their culture in becoming American?
- The Irish Americans: A History by Jay P. Dolan
- European American/Whites
- Family and Childhood
- Living and Traveling Abroad