- Become more aware of the many facets of diversity
- Explore their own experiences with diversity
- Identify the diversity of the school community
- Value learning about and addressing diversity in the school community
- Identify how understanding diversity can serve the quality of the school
- See diversity as a strength and tool in building faculty and school-community
This resource is meant as a beginning point for your school, a way to start the conversation around diversity and to begin the education of your faculty and staff. It will make people more sensitive and committed to issues of diversity and more able to respond to those issues.
The activities in this resource may be completed all at once during a half-day in-service.
CREATING A DIVERSITY SESSION FOR YOUR FACULTY
These resources will:
- make the subject of race and race relations approachable and effective
- engage faculty in the ongoing challenge of making our schools welcoming for students of all races and backgrounds
- provide engaging tools and activities to better understand and appreciate students, families, and communities that differ from the majority of the student body
You can adapt these resources to your local needs to better serve your student body and faculty.