“ … Bridges are more important than Boundaries …”
Pope Francis September 15, 2015
September 1, 2017.
27 NEW RaceBridges VIDEOS PUBLISHED
OVER 200 STORYTELLER VIDEOS NOW IN THE RACEBRIDGES COLLECTION!
Techny IL. Derek Simons SVD through Bridges ministry at Techny has produced 27 new storyteller videos. The videos are original short stories about race relations, diversity and inclusion. Simons worked with creative partner Susan O’Halloran and CVP Productions in Kansas City shooting original stories by professional storytellers from around the U.S. and overseas. Post production and online work was completed by Capture Hits Inc.
The slate of new productions now increases the RaceBridges collection to the significant milestone of 213 videos. All the videos can be accessed on RaceBridgesStudio.com. Each of the videos have transcripts which are also downloadable. Brief descriptions of the 27 stories can be seen on the next page as well as photographs of the storytellers.
Derek Simons said of these videos : “These true stories contain much pain and challenge. They contain many tears of sorrow. But they also contain tears of laughter and much redemptive dignity.”
The videos are being placed on a variety of social media, on the online platform of the National Storytelling Network and also via the professional live and online outreach of the storytellers.
These short online stories provide ideal springboards for discussion starters for groups and individuals exploring race relations and interculturality. They easily fit a variety of local contexts and needs. Difference & Belonging is an online guide to the themes of all the video stories. It can be found on the RaceBridgesStudio.com Home Page.
In addition to the video collection there are hundreds of texts, ideas and lesson plans on the site that explore race relations and diversity.
To view the new 27 short videos go to :
Further information :
THEMES OF THE NEW 27
RACEBRIDGES VIDEO RELEASES : FALL
- AntiSemitism in West Virginia
- Being Black and trying to fit in
- Peacemaking Across Borders: An Israeli-Palestinian Friendship
- “Mother Jones : America’s most dangerous woman” : fighter for child-labor laws
- Loss and Acceptance : Asian American mother remembers her stillborn baby and the new life that emerged
- A Jewish family warmly question their Christmas tree and its meaning with truth, humor and a dog
- Changing Hearts: Muslims and Christians share in Memphis TN
- ‘Basil Houpis Day’ : Bullying doesn’t stop after high school
- A Japanese city person moves to an American small town
- Food and Faith Shared : An interfaith equity project addressing childhood hunger : words into actual deeds
- Remembering a Jewish father in World War II . . . who typed his way to a Hospital Ship and survival
- Finding Light : Visiting a slave dungeon in Ghana, Africa
- “Exotic” origins of Chop Suey: with helpings of anti-Chinese bigotry
- The Brownlee’s Migration: Reflections on African American family, color, race, geography, identity and love
- 1941 Pearl Harbor Attack in Hawaii: As seen by nearby segregated Japanese American plantation workers
- A baby dies : A 1942 train ride to a US Japanese American Incarceration Camp
- “Witch Go Home !” : Scary and funny stories from a Japanese American storyteller on the road in the USA
- Memories of a Chinese Grandfather who lived in a shack but had discovered deeper wealth
- Pigeonholing … The Black Great Migration . . Where are you from ? . . .Extended family and shades of color
- Arriving in communist Bulgaria: Overturning assumptions and finding friendship
- Chester Parker : Memories about a black youth by a white storyteller : Desegregation & busing remembered
- Becoming a Woman of Color: A Filipina American and self discovery
- “Learning America” by an Israeli immigrant
- Sagebrush Santa : Christmas 1942 : Japanese Americans celebrate at the the Minidoka Incarceration Camp
- Being Black Enough … Bullying and Racism… and wounds that run deep
- “Tewas Go Home”: memories of rejection and prejudice and tribal lines by a New Mexico Native American
- Looking at love and marriage in the US and in Japan : A loveless Japanese marriage or was it ?
Information : www.RaceBridgesStudio.com