By Storyteller Gerald Fierst
Gerry Fierst is someone who would describe himself as “spiritual”, but he also says: “I also love the ritual of religion which connects us to all who have gone before and all who will come long after we are gone.” Especially as Gerry got older, he realized der pintele yid lived inside of him as he could hear the words of his ancestors and pass the tradition of the blowing of the shofar on to his children.
- How important is it to you to have a conscious spiritual life?
- How important is it to you to express your spirituality in a religious community?
- What do you know about the great diversity of expression and experience within Judaism?
- An article about being culturally Jewish: http://circle.org/cultural-jews-release
- In Every Tongue: The Racial & Ethnic Diversity of the Jewish People by Diane Tobin
- Family and Childhood
- Jewish Americans/Jews