When camp started, tension was high between the Chinese kids and Black and Latino kids in Robin’s group. But over the summer, the children began to let their defenses down and make new friends. That is, until Daniela returned.
- Have you ever been bullied? What happened? How did you feel? What did you do?
- Have you ever stood up for someone who has been bullied? What happened?
- Have you ever been a person who bullied others? Why? What was going on for you?
- How would you handle a situation like the one in the story? Where would you stand?
- This federal government website has suggestions on how to handle bullying.
- Cyber bullying Research Center
- This website has good resources for cyber bullying prevention. It is targeted to parents, educators and students. They also have some good information on adult bullying.
- Words Wound/To Be Kind
- Words Wound and To Be Kind are anti-cyber bullying initiatives started by three teens to combat bullying in their community and elsewhere. Inspiring!
- National Crime Prevention Council
- More information.
- This Emotional Life
- Information on PBS about adult bullying.
- Sue Black, certified bullying prevention specialist
- Karen Chace, storyteller, resource
- Karen Chace is a resource for all things story and education.
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- Family & Childhood
- Stereotypes & Discrimination
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking