“Ranger Linda” describes her encounter with a group of well-intentioned Chinese Americans bearing bullfrogs. This surprising incident illustrates how cultural differences can have unintended consequences and how cultural awareness can lead to greater understanding and a better outcome for all.
- What do you do when cultural customs clash?
- What is more important – cultural beliefs or environmental protection?
- Have you ever encountered a similar situation where a cultural practice clashed with what was best for the environment?
- www.buddhisma2z.com/content.php?id=504 A Guide to Buddhism A to Z: Animal Release
- http://dnr.wi.gov/eek/job/naturalist.htm A blog on what it’s like to be a Park Naturalist
- Asian American/Asians
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking