by Storyteller Kiran Singh Sirah
Kiran shares the stories he heard about his parents’ three migrations from India to Uganda to England.
- If a story plays a part in your identity – what is it and why do you use it to state who you are? Is there more than one story we can use to claim or identify who we are?
- What is your family migration story? Does it matter or not?
- What are some of the challenging moments in your life? How did you handle them? Could the challenges you faced and the solutions you created be a story that you tell?
- Can you describe the story of a world you’d like to see and live in?
- Idi Amin: Lion of Africa by Manzoor Moghal
- Immigrants Settling in the City: Ugandan Asians in Leicester by Valerie Maret
- Asian American/Asians
- Crossing Cultures
- Family and Childhood
- Living and Traveling Abroad