A woman tells Jon the story of how when she was a girl a perfect stranger saved her from arrest and worse. The woman left before Jon could ask her more, but her story says that this could happen anywhere and at any time. Any of us may be called to help another.
- Brainstorm a list of things you can do for others that shows kindness.
- When have you been afraid? What did or could someone have done to alleviate your fears?
- Why did the perfect stranger on the bus protect the young girl? Would you have done similarly?
- Random Acts of Kindness Then and Now: The 20th Anniversary of a Simple Idea That Changes Lives by Editors of Conari Press and M.J. Ryan
- Education and Life Lessons
- Family and Childhood
- Living and Traveling Abroad
- Stereotypes and Discrimination
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking