Storyteller Jim Stowell tells how an immigrant woman is faced with trials and hardships, and how she established a sense of pride and dignity for herself and her family.
- What is an “illegal immigrant?”
- Why is a first home a dream come true? How does owning a home possibly change a family? A community?
- What is the difference between hope and dignity? How are they the similar? How does “hope” and “dignity” show up in the story? In your life?
- Illegal People: How Globalization Creates Migration and Criminalizes Immigrants by David Bacon
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- Family and Childhood
- Living and Traveling Abroad
- Stereotypes and Discrimination