Jay O’Callahan shares storyteller Sandra Harris’s story of her involvement in the Civil Rights struggle in Birmingham, Alabama in 1963.
- Why do people get involved in the cause of justice?
- Who do you know who has taken a risk for justice?
- When has the government taken the side of injustice? Why would this happen and what actions have people taken to change the government’s position? What causes are people fighting for today?
- Miracle in Birmingham, a Civil Rights Memoir – 1954-1965 by W. Edward Harris,
- Eyes on the Prize: America’s Civil Rights Years 1954-1965, Public Television
- African American/Black History
- Civil Rights Movement
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- European American/Whites
- Stereotypes and Discrimination
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking