Learn what the term “Shadowball” meant if you were a person of color who played baseball in segregated America in the 1920’s and 30’s. Bobby brings to life famed baseball players such as Cool Papa Bell and Satchel Paige, as he explores their triumphs and sacrifices.
- Compare and contrast the career of “Cool Papa” Bell to that of a white player of the same era. What white player would be comparable to “Cool Papa” Bell?
- How would Satchel Paige be treated if he were playing in major league baseball today?
- Was Satchel Paige “the first” to lobby as a free agent before Cat Fish Hunter and Curt Flood?
- Baseball: A Film by Ken Burns – DVD by PBS
- African American/Black History
- Stereotypes and Discrimination
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking