A Goddess inspired story of the adversities faced and overcome by Archana’s family as they move form India to America. This is a story of identity, assimilation and race relations that ultimately honors different paths of healing and different religions. Overcoming health issues and life and death challenges, from Darkness to Light describes the embodiment of the Indian festival of Lights/Diwali that welcomes in the “new” in each and every one of us in a beautiful way.
- What other cultures include goddesses and talk about embodying the goddess energy? What does that mean?
- What is Diwali and what do people do on that day?
- What are some ways we can practice religious inclusion: as an individual, as a school or workplace and as a nation?
- Earth a film directed by Deepa Mehta, Canada, 1998.
- Oh My Goddess, Sally Kempton, 1980, Yoga Journal,
- Asian Americans/Asians
- Crossing Cultures
- Family and Childhood