This story is a piece of history from the 1950’s. It tells of affordable housing and living in a particular neighborhood and gives some insight into the different ethnic groups that make up some of our communities.
- How does living among different ethnic groups affect individuals?
- When you hear the word housing projects who or what comes across your mind?
- Does this story give new insight into what living in the projects was like? Cite examples.
- Project Girl by Janet McDonald
- Blue Print for Disaster: The Unraveling of Chicago Public Housing by D. Bradford Hunt
- American Apartheid: Segregation and the Making of the Underclass by Douglas S. Massey and Nancy A. Denton
- African American/Black History
- Family and Childhood
- Stereotypes and Discrimination