by Storyteller Gene Tagaban
Gene travelled by van across the country to see the land of his people. Along his journey, he had the experience of meeting a southern white couple on a backcountry dirt road and an old black man in Sparta, Georgia who fought with First Nation men during the Korean War.
- How do we break up the biases we have about other people?
- Can travel be a way to open or confirm our ideas about other people?
- Where would you like to travel? How would you keep an open mind about the people you meet along the way?
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- The Smooth Traveler: Avoiding Cross-Cultural Mistakes at Home and Abroad by Susan O’Halloran
- African American/Black History
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- European American/Whites
- First Nations/Native Americans
- Living and Traveling Abroad
- Stereotypes and Discrimination
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking