FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Theresa Carson
February 11, 2016 (847) 412-1606
BRIDGEBUILDER AWARD RECOGNIZES OUTSTANDING YOUTH
Eleven Chicago-area students will receive the 2016 Techny BridgeBuilder Award on April 9 at Techny Towers Conference and Retreat Center in Northbrook.
The BridgeBuilder Award recognizes extraordinary contributions in bringing people together.
Award recipients will participate in a workshop on the morning of April 9, attend a luncheon and ceremony in the afternoon, and meet local Civil Rights activists.
“This year’s BridgeBuilder Award ceremony not only celebrates diversity and inclusivity, it also bridges the generations,” said event organizer and BridgeBuilder Award co-founder Susan O’Halloran. “Civil Rights leaders of the 1950s and ’60s are beginning to pass on the torch to the youth. These 11 award recipients represent some of the most dynamic and dedicated members of their generation.”
The 2016 BridgeBuilder Award recipients are:
- Sarah Allworth – Regina Dominican, Wilmette
- Bushra Amiwala – Niles North High School, Skokie
- Rachel Cantor – North Shore Country Day School, Winnetka
- Meghan Carden – Loyola Academy, Wilmette
- Claire Embil – Niles West High School, Skokie
- Briana Flores – Glenbrook Evening High School, Glenview
- Sloan Gormley – Roycemore School, Evanston
- Lisa Hiebl – The Cove School, Northbrook
- Ilana Rosenberg – New Trier High School, Winnetka
- Lily Ruklick – Glenbrook North High School, Northbrook
- Jonah Wolfe – New Trier High School, Winnetka
This event will be hosted by Bridges, a ministry of the Society of the Divine Word, the world’s largest order of Catholic missionary priests and brothers. As a non-sectarian, multimedia initiative, Bridges challenges injustice and exclusion and seeks to build community among all people.
Techny Towers Conference and Retreat Center is located at 2001 Waukegan Rd., Techny (Northbrook), IL. Media interested in attending or wishing to set up interviews should contact Theresa Carson at (847) 412-1606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.