by Storyteller Antonio Rocha
This is a story about learning a second language. It is about trying to use the little you know to communicate which many times creates funny and colorful misunderstandings.
- Do you speak or have tried to learn a second language? Did you learn the new language or did you stop altogether?
- If you did learn a new language, please tell about a time you misused a word or created one that does not exist.
- What was the outcome of Antonio’s attempts to learn English?
- Do you think that making mistakes can help you learn better? If so, why?
- Learning a Second Language by The Open University
- Learning New Languages: A Guide to Second Language Acquisition by Tom Scovel
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- Latino American/Latinos
- Living and Traveling Abroad