What is it like to be so immersed in a culture that a lady on the bus becomes your adopted “Aunt” and a bus driver your “Brother? While Arianna Ross travelled alone through Indonesia, she discovered that sometimes family is defined by a connection and not blood. Many days Arianna lived with only the support of total strangers. Witness the similarities and differences between Arianna’s culture and theirs.
- Where in your life have strangers become family?
- How do the people in the island of Banda Aceh, Indonesia define family?
- When the police stopped the bus that Arianna was on and searched people, what were they looking for and how did “strangers” protect Arianna?
- Folk Tales From Bali and Lombok by Margaret Alibasah
- Folk Tales from Indonesia by Dra Aman
- Asian American/Asians
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- European American/Whites
- Living and Traveling Abroad
- Taking A Stand and Peacemaking