Moving to Junior High school opens Angela’s eyes to a society and culture that she had been living in (Caracas, Venezuela), and yet one from which she was separate. Angela’s story tells a universal truth: we think we are the only ones telling ourselves “ We do not belong here.” That statement is what we have in common.
- Were there times at school when you felt out of place?
- Who helped you and what specifically did they do? What kinds of things did you do to help yourself?
- How could you help others at your school, workplace, place of worship, neighborhood and so on feel that they belong?
- Crossing Cultures
- Education and Life Lessons
- Family and Childhood
- Living and Traveling Abroad